We Help You Reach Your Immigration And Citizenship Goals
The law office of Steven P. Barsamian represents families and workers who are interested in gaining entry into the United States.
U.S. immigration and citizenship is administered by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Many people may feel intimidated by the USCIS and the immigration process. We strive to provide clients a friendly, inviting atmosphere as we facilitate your entry into the United States.
We also represent individuals who are “green card” holders (lawful permanent residents) and want to become naturalized citizens.
Our firm advises families, including husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and children. We also provide counsel to professional workers, intra-company transferees, students, diplomats, seasonal workers and other workers. These individuals share a common goal: to enter the United States — either permanently or temporarily — to be with family or to work.
Immigration Terms You Should Know
- Immigration: This is the process of entering into a new country.
- Naturalization: There are strict requirements for becoming a United States citizen through naturalization. Some of these requirements include:
- Being 18 years of age
- Living in the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident for five years (or three years if married to a U.S. citizen)
- A “physical presence” in the United States
- Verbal and written comprehension of English
- Visa: This is a permit for individuals such as visitors, temporary workers and students. The permit allows people to apply for entry into the United States under a specific status.
- Lawful permanent resident: This is also known as an LPR. An LPR is not a U.S. citizen, but he or she is legally identified as a permanent resident. Lawful permanent residents hold “green cards.”
How To Contact Us
As your attorney, Mr. Barsamian will strive to help you achieve your immigration objectives. Call the law office of Steven P. Barsamian in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, at 215-988-0500, or contact us online. Our entire staff is fluent in Spanish.